Tutor: Ann Cope
Spend a day at The Butterfly Art & Craft Studio and learn how to give your furniture a new lease of life using Autentico Chalk paints. Our tutor Ann is Autentico trained and an Autentico stockist who specialises in up-cycling character furniture giving it a professional lovingly restored finish.
You’ll need to bring a small piece of furniture. We recommend no larger than 50cm x 50cm x 50 cm, don’t worry if you haven’t got anything suitable as we have pieces available from £5.00. Wear some old clothes and it may be useful to bring a notepad and pen. Throughout the workshop you’ll be learning skills and techniques on a board and you will then use these on your own piece of furniture to give it a new look and lease of life ready to take home with you. Includes paint and materials to use on your furniture.
What is covered in the workshop:
- The origins of Autentico chalk paint
- How to prepare your piece of furniture
- Why you don’t need to sand your furniture
- Equipment you will need
- How to use Autentico chalk paints effectively
- How to create a two colour layering technique
- Various ways to distress your piece of furniture
- How to create special effects using Autentico’s various waxes
- Tips on how to work with different woods and their finishes
- And so much more…
The day includes: tea, coffee, pastries, lunch and homemade cakes.